Inspiring and supporting young people to make positive choices about the future.
Welcome to Haybrook College Trust
Haybrook College Trust is an Alternative Provision Academy that includes a small special school called Millside School and a Post-16 provision called The Gateway. We offer five unique programmes at KS4, as well as a range of ‘revolving door’ provisions at KS3 that have proven to be highly successful in supporting young people to maintain their mainstream school place or return to another mainstream school.
The structure of the College ensures that we are in a position to offer a range of vocational courses in Motor Vehicles and Construction at Pitstop, as well as hospitality and catering at our highly successful provisionsKitchen Craft. Young people from local schools can also access these provisions and have benefited greatly from these vocational pathways.
The most important aim for the College is to equip all students with the qualifications and skills needed to progress in their education and/or gain employment upon leaving us. We are extremely proud of our record on ensuring that our young people are able to move on to education, employment or training.
Haybrook College Trust offers students personalised teaching and learning pathways that will allow them to achieve both academically and socially.
The curriculum offer across the College is tailored to meet the needs of the young people who attend. All young people attending the College face a range of ‘barriers to learning’ and the curriculum offer is created to remove as many of these as possible.
It is designed to ensure that young people have the best possible chance of a successful transition into Education Employment and Training (EET). It is also created to ensure that we can offer personalised pathways for students with the most complex needs.
- Young people have the entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum offer
- All young people have the opportunity to achieve at least 5 GCSEs or equivalents.
- All young people leave with a recognised English and maths qualification
- Many of the young people who attend the College benefit from an offer which includes lots of opportunities for active and practical approaches to learning. The vocational offer at Pitstop and Kitchen Craft supports this.
- Supporting independent learning, behaviour and leadership underpins everything that we do.
- The curriculum is underpinned by Careers Education Information and Guidance (CEIAG) and all staff see this as their responsibility.