We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist
2 year contract, part time hours equivalent to 3 days per week
Salary dependent on experience (Band 5-6)
“Inspiring and supporting young people to make positive choices about the future”
Haybrook College Trust is a ‘Good’, with Outstanding leadership, Alternative Provision that educates young people aged 11 to 19 who have challenging and complex Social, Emotional, and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) or medical needs, “Across Haybrook, leaders’ moral purpose and ambition for the pupils in their care underpins all leadership decisions”, Ofsted 2018.
Our dedicated staff team are highly trained, skilled and committed to educating young people with some of the most challenging behaviours in Slough and the wider area, “The overwhelming majority of staff are proud to be part of Haybrook. They value the high-quality professional development that leaders provide. Many spoke enthusiastically about the research projects that they undertake, which help to further develop and refine their practice”, Ofsted 2018.
Our Alternative Provision is split across 4 different sites operating 5 different provisions, including KS3 turn around provision, KS4 Medically Vulnerable unit, KS4 long term provision and Post-16 provision. The provisions educate up to 122 students across all sites who have been permanently excluded or at high risk of exclusion from local mainstream schools. We provide a range of high quality educational programmes, helping to make positive changes in the lives of young people and ensuring their best possible educational and personal outcomes.
We require a suitably qualified Speech and Language Therapist to support the strategic development of the therapeutic provision across Haybrook College. The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of working in schools with complex and challenging young people with an intuitive understanding of their needs and how best to support them.
- Have experience of strategically reviewing provision within a school based setting and planning a suitable solution for long term sustainability.
- Naturally fit into the wider ethos of Haybrook College and bring positivity, creativity, enthusiasm and innovation to the staff, whilst being kind, patient, caring and forgiving to the learners.
The successful post holder will become a member of our growing interventions team and be line managed by the College wide SENDCo. The role and responsibilities will include:
- to assess pupils’ needs for Speech and Language Therapy;
- to develop and implement specialist Speech and Language Therapy for pupils and to evaluate the outcomes of the intervention;
- to provide advice, support and training to other staff members regarding the management of communication difficulties;
- to enable pupils to access the full curriculum by providing support within the classroom as necessary;
- to liaise with other staff as required; to provide support and development for examinations
- to explain the role of Speech and Language Therapist to visitors, students, volunteers and other professionals;
- to prepare reports and data analyses;
- to prepare suitable materials to support therapy;
At Haybrook College we feel passionately that education can improve a young person’s life chances and would like to work with a Therapist that demonstrates the same ethos. If you’re ready to take up this challenge and change the lives of disadvantaged young people, we would like to hear from you. You must be a qualified therapist with experience of working effectively with children who have Social Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties either in a special school, PRU, alternative education provision or within a mainstream setting.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification below for more information about the role and the application form.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com
CVs will not be considered unless accompanying a completed application form.
Closing Date: 9am on Friday 17th July 2020.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 20th July.
SaLT Job Description and Person Specification
Guidance Notes for Candidates
Haybrook College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is College policy to obtain references prior to interview and applicants will be required to undertake a DBS enhanced disclosure. Haybrook College strives to be an equal opportunities employer and recruits from all sections of the community solely on basis of ability to fulfil the job requirements.